Friday, February 27, 2009

It is great to be 8


Kaitlyn turned eight this weekend. We had such a fun weekend. She has been waiting and waiting to get her ears pierced the rule at the Yates house is when you turn 8. That was exciting for her. (I really didn't think she was going to go through with it, but she did great! Not a single tear.)


Grandma and Grandpa Turner came to visit for her baptism. She was baptised on her birthday which is funny because she has always talked about it being that way. The odds of it being able to happen though are few and far between. It just so happened that her birthday was on a Sunday this year. She asked a friend to sing a song with her "I come to the water" by Janice Kapp Perry. They did a beautiful job.

She is growing up so fast. I love her so much! It has been fun to watch her understanding, and testimony grow these past few weeks as she has prepared for her baptism.

I also had Joe's family send letters to her with there testimony's since they were unable to attend. What a special book that is turning out to be. She absolutely loves it.

8 comments:

  1. Man, she is so beautiful! I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Congrats on being baptized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kaitlyn! BTW- Trav is in contact with a dentist in Great Falls. I'm not really all that excited about Montana weather, but we maybe neighbors in the future. (very distant neighbors)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Kaitlyn! I can't believe how much you have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved the announcement you sent. The picture is beautiful. I thought it was a professional photo. You are getting to be a great photographer, Jessica. It would be fun if someday all us Yates shutterbugs could get together for a day and snap away without restraint. Today it snowed (heavy, big flakes) and a flock (yes, a flock) of robins showed up in our neighborhood. It was so cool to see the snowy trees with robins on the branches. I took pics until my hands were so cold I couldn't push the button.

    I do digress. Kaitlyn, we were happy to hear that your day went so well. We are so pleased with the choices you are making. You are a beautiful granddaughter. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the mundane question, but I need you to e-mail me and confirm your e-mail address. Your e-mails keep coming back to me as undeliverable. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Kaitlyn's picture. She is so beautiful and very grown up. I wish I could have been there. Tell her congratulations for us. What a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's 8!!!! Time flies! What happened to the little girl that came out to KY in a moving van - so tiny and little... now she's approaching teenager age. Aren't you excited?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe Kaitlyn is 8!! She is beautiful and looks so grown up! Tell her congratulations on her baptism!

    ReplyDelete