Sunday, December 30, 2007

A white Christmas In IDAHO

I had to post this picture for some of you Kentuckians who have never seen this much snow in all of your lives!! For me Christmas isn't the same without some snow. In fact I have a hard time convincing myself that it is winter here in Kentucky, after going home and seeing this!



We had such a fun trip home. We were able to stop and see the Temple square lights in Salt lake city. I am always in awe at how beautiful Temple square always is. I wish our pictures would have turned out better. It was a truly beautiful.

We played in the snow. The girls had so much fun in the snow! Both of their faces were chapped from being out in it so long. They rode for hours on the sled behind the snowmobile. Madelyn wasn't to thrilled with the snow.


We spent some time with Joe's family trying to get all the girls to sit pretty in their new dresses! I hope Grandma got a good one because ours didn't turn out so great!
Thanks Dan and Julie for letting us stay with you!! We had a fun Christmas Party and spent time catching up.

On Christmas Eve the pajama Fairy found us at Grandma's house! And look what she brought the DA D's!! ( Joe is going to kill me!!)

These were so funny complete with the flap in the back!!

Christmas Day was bitter sweet knowing our time was up and we were headed back to Kentucky. None the less Santa found us and informed the girls that he had brought them a little something but there gifts that they really wanted were in Kentucky waiting for them!

We were able to spend Christmas night with Joe's sister and family in Payson Utah. This is one of the few trips we have been able to see everyone!! Including my grandparents, Oh how I love them! Thanks everyone for making Christmas so special this year! We loved spending time with you and miss you all already!!


7 comments:

  1. I am crying because I am laughing so hard. I think I may need to create my own little 'Joe Yates scrapbook' with the fairy picture and the Halloween costume one. That is so funny!!!! So, does he wear these to bed every night now? Or was this a one time deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - how did Santa come to your house while you were gone??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pictures, especially the pajama one - how funny!! I love the picture of the mountain snow, that is one thing I miss when I am in KY, the mountains and snow! Glad you had a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pajama picture! Isn't blogging the best?! I will have to find out where the Fairy got the pajamas; I think Nathan and his brothers would look very cute posing for a similar picture. I love the pictures of the snowy mountains. I think we will have to make a trip back to Utah sometime in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. You have got to check out the snowy picture on Maggie Judi's blog (link from mine). It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love snow too, and we had fun playing in it like little kids too. I am glad you made it back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to see the photos (especially of Joe). Dan doesn't think Joe's new P.J.'s compare to some he has been given before however! It was so much fun staying up late and laughing with you guys. I already miss you too much! Come bach soon, O.K.!

    ReplyDelete