Sunday, May 4, 2008

Beautiful Girls

Today was a first in our family. We actually got ready for church and had a half an hour to spare! We decided to take a few pictures of the kids. I cannot believe how fast they grow up. It really dawned on me tonight when I put Madelyn in her pajamas. They were the pajamas that Kaitlyn wore when she was 2. Yes it is sad, my baby turns 2 in 2 weeks! Where does the time go!




Kaitlyn: I cannot believe she is 7. Today she has been very concerned about a family in our ward that was not at church today. I thought it was because the lady teaches her class, but it turns out she has a bit of a CRUSH on her oldest SON! ( I am sooo not ready for this!)She was saying her prayers and asked that Heavenly Father would help this family that they could be at church next week. She ended her prayer with the biggest grin on her face! We all just started laughing. I wish I had a better relationship with Kaitlyn. She has been a demanding little sole ever since she wanted to come to earth! I think she is 7 going on 17, and isn't afraid to step up and speak her mind. However there are always those precious Mommy moments that make you realize that it is all worth while. A hug, an I love you, or moments where we are on the same page. She is a great big sister and a good helper. She is still always singing a song. Her new favorite thing is to take a shower, because I can turn on the bathroom fan and she can sing her little heart out, without having to worry about bothering the neighbors! She is struggling so much right now with sucking her thumb. It is such a habit for her, and has gotten even worse since we moved. We have tried to set goals for 1 week. She flat out can't do it. Even if she makes it all day, at night it goes right in. I have tried everything I can think of. It is so hard to watch her struggle with this and know that my options are limited. We are in the process of fitting her for a mouth appliance that will hopefully help her.



Jenna: (Notice her very long straight hair) She loves to straighten her hair! It is the only time the poor kiddo gets to BRUSH her hair. We don't do it very often but when we do, she combs and combs her hair! She is getting so grown up. I am going to have a hard time parting with Jenna next year when she goes to Kindergarten. She has been so sad because Madelyn couldn't say her name. Finally Madelyn came up with something that resembled enough of her name for her satisfaction. She calls her "Nanny", and Kaitlyn "Cake". That was a great day! We had tears after every prayer that Madelyn said, and couldn't say her name.

They are finally becoming pretty good buddies!
Jenna helped her make a laundry basket bed while Mommy was sick, so they could make vegging out in front of the t.v. just a little more fun! I have an awesome friend that has been so willing to watch my girls while I help out at the office a few hours a week. Jenna LOVES going there. It has been such a blessing for me. I think Jenna had the hardest time adjusting without any friends. So it makes her day to go play with 2 darling little girls, and be the " BIG SISTER" for the day to all of them! (Thank you so much Carrie!)





Madelyn: She has grown so much lately. She is really loving singing songs. Her favorites are twinkle twinkle"Inky", wheels on the bus, and the 2 songs daddy always teaches them sneaky snake, and the bee. There isn't much that gets by her. She has discovered after climbing 3 flights of stairs 3 times a day it is much easier to hitch a ride with Mom. It doesn't matter how full my hands are she insists on being carried! I can't seem to let this one grow up though. I still rock her every night for a few minutes. ( she calls it bocky bye) I so love that time with her. I am a little frustrated with her sisters who have so rudely taught her to burp! I keep trying to remind them that princesses do not burp! But with a 7 year old in the house, bodily noises are the funniest thing on the planet hands down! At least she will say excuse me now! She also picked up this disgusting little habit......


Oh we love her! I think she knows she is about to turn two! Just last week she tried out the drop down roll around, kick em tantrum thing! You gotta love the terrible 2's, however I think the 3's are worse! Here is another funny picture, she certainly takes after Jenna in the fashion world. She loves SHOES, and picking out her clothes herself. Here she is sporting Capri's with her Winter BOOTS.

13 comments:

  1. Sucking your thumb is one of the HARDEST habits to break. I sucked my thumb (don't tell anyone:)) until I was 8 or 9! I too had to have a dental appliance put in that was sharp and would poke my thumb when I would suck. It was the only thing that worked. (gloves, nasty thumb paint, bribes of cash, disneyland, etc.) Nothing else worked. I then had braces to correct my years of sucking. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet post!! I am with you on the burping, my girls also find that funny, and they will laugh even if we are in public. THe nose picking picture is priceless! It reminds me of my little Scout. Scout knows that I hate it and will sometimes do it just to get a reaction out of me. I love Jennas hair straight, it is so much longer. That is funny that Kaitlyn has a crush on Dallon. I am not looking forward to Tegan having crushes. I love having girls, but I dread that part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a sweet blog, Jessica. You sure have beautiful girls! :o) Don't tell Kaitlyn this, but I sucked my thumb until I was 13 (the day I got my braces OFF). For me, I just finally decided I needed to stop so I wouldn't get braces again, but nothing else ever worked (ugh - sounds like dieting...) Anyway, she'll come around sooner or later. Sometimes it's the mere fact that she'll have to have that appliance BECAUSE she sucked her thumb. It may be just the reminder she needs. Good luck, Kaitlyn! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls are so beautiful! They look so much older even since you've left. Can't believe Maddie will be two soon. Someone told Kate she could already act two and she does sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girls look great. What a great blog. What nice things you have to say about everyone. It is hard to believe everyone is growing up so fast. I remember when . . . so many things that a 3-4 year old Kaitlyn would do. Can you believe the years have gone by so fast. Maddie does look like a big girl now. Cute hair on all the girls. say hi to all from MS. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh..... when I see your girls growing up.... it just makes me so sad to think how fast the time is going!!! Slow down I say, Slow down!!! Sami will be getting baptized in a few months, and I am not ready for that!!! I still want her to be my baby!!
    The pictures and stories about them are darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you guys so much. I love being to hear what you guys are up to, but at the same time it hurts so much to read it all. It just reminds me how much we miss you guys. I find myself saying all the time, "Jessica did this" or "Joe & Jessica used to..." So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pictures! Alexis is a lot like Kaitlyn. Both strong willed, good big sisters, sometimes hard to deal with, and Alexis is also going on 17. Josh's sisters had a thumb sucking problem when they were little so Josh's dad took a branch clipper and chopped off a branch in front of them and told them that next time he saw their thumbs in their months he would chop off their thumbs! Of course, I don't recommend you do this, I just thought it was funny. Oh and they did quit sucking their thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jenna's hair straight! You looks so beautiful! That was a great post - good luck on Kaitlyn's thumb sucking. It sounds like from other people's comments that it's not as uncommon as you think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do have such cute girlies. We miss you guys, and I really hate this sad feeling we are dealing with right now. How did you survive??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jessica, seeing your girls so grown up it makes me cry!! I remember when Jenna was crawling! and now look at her so grown up. and kaitlyn, such a sweet personality is turining into a little lady! Madelyn is just beautiful! She looks so much like you Jess. It is so fun to watch them grow and develop their own personalities. What a lucky mom you are! I really miss you guys. I'm glad to hear you doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey everyone. We miss playing with you next door. The girls are getting so big. I can't believe it. Angie sold her house and is living with our mom right now while she is looking. It will be so different this summer not playing in that house with you next door. I love Jenna's straight hair. The girls are beautiful. Lilly is growing too. She is 5 months now. She laughs and sings and talks all the time. Nate got accepted into medical school last week. We are so excited. Jessica, how did you manage with 3 kids while Joe was in school. I am nervous and we only have one baby. I can't believe Madalyn is already 2. Tell everyone we said hello. I miss you and I know Angie and Anna miss you too. Anna always says that Kaitlyn moved to Hannah Montana. It is so cute. I love your blog. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your girls are so precious. We miss ya guys. Hope your practice is going well.

    ReplyDelete