Monday, August 18, 2008

I am so behind....

So I am not sure what happens to my time. I have good intentions and the next thing I know a whole month has gone by again!
We are all moved in! I am afraid my house pictures are pretty boring. The color doesn't show up nearly as well as the magenta! We painted mostly white ( I am pretty plain I know, but it looks so clean!) The wall that was Magenta we painted a "Smokey oyster" which turned out somewhat of a taupe color. We still have no decor up. After feverishly painting for every minute of the day for a solid 7 days, I can't bring myself to put holes in my pretty walls just yet.


I got a sweet deal that only a Mom could really appreciate! This LG Tromm washer and dryer set sells for $1700. I got this for a total price of $963.00!! Thank you HOME DEPOT!
Home depot has a price match guarantee which they will match the price and then take an additional 10% off. Well Sears had this set on sale for 15 % off . Home depot matched it and gave me another 10% off. Then I opened a home depot card which saved me another 10%!! Can I just say I love them!! I washed all 3 of my girls beds in 1 load!! Amazing!
This post would not be complete without adding a picture of Joe's "Man Cave"!
Right now it is also fully furnished with yard sale furniture ( Bye bye Mauve couch! The coke machine came with the house and Joe was so bummed that it didn't work! As luck would have it the day we closed on our house, as we were picking up our babysitter, we saw the Pepsi machine at a yard sale! Needless to say it goes quite nicely in the "Man Cave"!






4 comments:

  1. Oh jealousy... I love the washer/dryer, and yes you got a smokin deal. I am just as you are, love the simple life. And Joe's man cave: love it. Every guy should have something to call their own, so that your home doesn't become as such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the color of your walls! And Joe's "man cave" is too much!! I was seriously laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you guys getting all settled in your new house! I can't wait to see more pictures. The man cave is so great! How great it must be for you to have someone to put all his stuff...away from your stuff :) I LOVE, LOVE the washer and dryer. I keep hoping mine kick the bucket so I can get them. You are a great deal finder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love the man cave - Ty only has a Man Shelf, which is basically a shelf on a bookstand in the corner of our office that he is allowed to do whatever decorating he wants with... I worry when he sees Joe's man cave that he will want a major upgrade from his shelf.

    ReplyDelete