Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Already.....

Where did the summer go! I cannot believe it is over. School started today for Kaitlyn and Jenna. That just leaves little Madelyn at home with me. We had a great day. I couldn't help but to get a little teary eyed as I said good bye on the playground this morning. My kids are growing up so fast! They both kind of had that deer in the headlights look too, as they turned and looked at me before they went in. It was a little different this year. Kaitlyn started in yet another school. Because of our move we were not able to register them until just a weeks ago. We found out who her teacher was the day before school started. Fortunately, we did not miss the kindergarten open house for Jenna. That was really good for her to see where she was going, and who her teacher was. To our surprise there are 2 little girls that she already knows in her class. YEAH!

I remember when I picked Kaitlyn up from Kindergarten her first day. She climbed in the car and said "That was the best day ever", and then she broke into tears.(Is she my kid or what!) She was so overwhelmed. Jenna was much the same only she fought it a little harder. She saw me and gave me a huge hug. I thought I was going to have to carry her on my leg to the car! She was a little teary but did great!
We will be adding the bus to our school adventure soon. But for now School was overwhelming enough for both of them without worrying about the bus too.



My little Kindergartner


My 2nd Grader


And my Future Kindergartner


Aren't they cute!
** Notice Kentuckians: it is already jacket weather here!!

8 comments:

  1. So cute! I thought about you a lot during the day, especially when I was at the store with both of my girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to let them grow up! I am not looking forward to my turn with all of that next week. We are starting really late here...after Labor Day. I think Trenton will be the emotional wreck and Ashleigh will love it. I thought of you today when I opened my mail and I had a pink Race for the Cure race application. I am so out-of-shape...again! I have told myself I am starting when the kids start school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, your kids look so much older! I realize it has been awhile since I've seen them but crazy! Madelyn looks soooo old and adorable. Glad you guys have found a place and are getting settled in. I know it's been a stressful couple years for you guys. We miss you...we wish Anzley and Jenna were going to school together again! Anz loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute! They are getting so big! I can't believe caitlyn is in 2nd grade already! I'll bet it's nice to have just one during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica! The girls are beautiful. Growing up so big!

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are getting so big! I liked the picture of Joe's man cave. I love fall in the west. Even though it's already jacket weather, everything is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't checked in with you forever! Congrats on the home. It looks awesome! Your girls are so grown up and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Such great pics of your beautiful girls. It's funny, when I saw Joe sitting in the "man cave" (earlier post) I thought of when he was a little boy. I remember not wanting him to ever grow up he was such a cute kid. So there was that time of trying to hang on. Inevitably, time changes things - - and sure enough the kids grow up (how dare they?!) but new blessings start to appear - - - great daughters-in-law and wonderful grandchildren! It's a great plan.

    ReplyDelete