Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm MOVING....

Okay not really but if the bugs in this state get any bigger, I am moving!!The giant caterpiller like thing the kids found. I think it might be a tomato worm, or at least that is what we called them as kids. The spider, I had the priviledge of finding in my garage! It was huge. I think it is a wolf spider. Whatever kind of spider it is it is huge and creepy. By far the largest spider I have ever seen in nature. The funny things is that Joe has been telling the girls that if they kill bugs outside, they will have to eat them. (of course not really) So he let it go!! Can you say NIGHTMARES..... I really hate bugs. Especially HUGE ONES!!!

8 comments:

  1. Those are both really nasty. I wonder if my bug collecting Ashleigh would have picked them up or ran in fear like I would have. I would love to see what kind of butterfly that caterpillar turns into. You should research it in your spare time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross!!!! I have to say I haven't seen bugs like that since Kentucky. Lately my girls love collecting grasshoppers which happens to be the bug I hate the most. I thought I wouldn't have to put up with bugs because I had girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are no bugs on me,
    there are no bugs on me,
    there might be bugs on some of you mugs,
    but there are no bugs on me!

    As you know there are no bugs in Bear Lake County, well remember the Cat Face Spiders under the Deck and that odd ball bug Daniel found over by the school that looked like a bumble bee wask,spider,whatever? Never have seen another like it since we moved here.
    Grandpa Turner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathy, I did look it up I was curious. It turns into a beautiful moth called a pachysphinx Modesta. That is if my bug classifying is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would move too!!!! *totally has the creeps*

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like a tarantula!! That is kinda funny because When we were over our friends house yesterday they found one outside on the side of the house!! What the?? I thought they didn't exist in North Amaerica! Apparently yes! Granted, they live up in the Foothills, but that is where we plan on building our "dream home" in a couple of year! yikes! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete