Saturday, October 4, 2008

Random thoughts......

It is official I am getting worse and worse at blogging. I am now so behind and have so many things I wish I would have recorded. 
  I guess I will start with the highlight of my day. As many of you are aware it is general conference weekend. A time to hear the words of our beloved prophet, and spend time with your family. As the Saturday afternoon session started the primary children's choir started singing I am a child of God. The girls were upstairs playing and had sat through most of the first session. As they started to sing Madelyn came running out of her room and almost forgot to stop at the top of the stairs. Grinning from ear to ear saying "dats my song"!! She came down and did not move while the kids sang that song. Kaitlyn and Jenna weren't far behind. 
  I guess I just found myself really loving my family this weekend. We went on a little family outing last night with some friends. We thought it was A corn maze, turned out there were 3. They had so many fun things a big slide, a train pulled by a 4 wheeler, these Go cart/bikes and a petting zoo.  I remember sitting on the train holding Madelyn and hearing all of the little kiddos laughing hysterically from all of the bumps. the sound of laughter filled the sky. (It really was a lot of fun!) I honestly don't remember the last time I laughed like that, and really just enjoyed myself. My kids are growing up so fast, it makes me so sad. 
  I realized today that I think we have reached the next phase in things. As Joe headed off to the priesthood session, ALL us girls went shopping! (Well window shopping at Toys r us!) My 2 oldest girls have left the dolly and make believe phase for make up, Hannah Montana, and electronics I know nothing about! I kept saying this is fun.... and they would reply "yeah Madelyn would really like that Mom"!  Just the other day Kaitlyn said with a look of disgust "Mom... Your WEIRD"! I am sure it isn't the last time I will hear that, but it stung just a little. I realized I only have a few more years before I won't KNOW anything, and won't be COOL enough to hang out with them anymore.  So for now I am trying to savor every moment I have.....

9 comments:

  1. Oh how sad! I can definitely wait for the day I'm not cool enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty lucky to have girls who think that I'm "cool", but I know very well it could all go south at any moment. The problem I have right now is that I am "too cool" always on the cutting edge of this trend or that...I more get shagrinned when I think that one day I won't be so cutting edge...

    Embrace the girl Power!

    Miss you,

    Nicole Bright
    www.thebightgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. woops...that was was supposed to be:

    www.thebrightgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST!! it is always good to take a moment, and remember the things that are important. I too loved the children singing. They brought a special spirit that only children can.
    We had a blast the other night at the maze. Thanks for going with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are still so cool, Jessica! I am savoring every morning when Trenton still insists on kissing and hugging me on the bus stop. I know that won't last forever! By the way, what Halloween costumes are you and Joe working on this year? We have told everyone we know about the mullet and teeth. Why don't you guys just jump on a plane for a little Halloween fun with us? It's nice to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are still cool. How soon it happens that they grow out of the fun, playful, imaginative dolls to merchandized brand names. Sorry for you on that. Glad you are in the blog world again. I was missing you. Hope everything is going well for you in MT. What are your girls going to be for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Jessica and Joe. It is me - Laurie. I thought that you and Tara's blogs were interesting enough that I have devised one. I will give you the address on the family site. Anyway, I sure like yours and it sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll always be cool to me Jess! :) I know what you mean though, I get funny looks from Trenton some times too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet. There is something about that song that touches EVERYONE. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete