Saturday, March 8, 2008

What a Trip!

What a crazy week. I didn't realize what kind of miles we traveled until I started adding it up! We flew a total of 4054 miles, and then drove another 1598 miles! I think we took full advantage of the "unlimited miles" on the rental car. We took the kids to my parents for a week so that Joe and I could look at some practice opportunities in Montana. After dropping the kids off we hadn't been on the road for more than 1 1/2 hours when the jeep behind us slid off the road and flipped on it's side. Luckily no one was hurt. We were able to help them out( a father and 9 year old son) and get them where they needed to go. We continued on our trip and had clear roads the rest of the week. What a blessing that was. We feel like we saw a good chunk of the state of Montana. We made a good loop through the state. We looked at 3 practices while we were in Montana before heading back to pick up the kids from grandma's. ( What a life saver grandparents are! We can't wait to be a little bit closer.) There is something to be said about knowing that your kids are taken care of, I am pretty sure I missed them more than they missed me! They had a great time. We then made the long flight back and headed for home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you saw that accident happen right in front of you. That would be enough to make me freeze in my tracks. You guys are so brave. I second your comments about grandparents. How wonderful it will be for you to be back by family.

    ReplyDelete