Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kentucky Weather

I am a little behind on blogging but I wanted to post a few pictures from 2 weeks ago when we had an ice storm. First what a funny day that was. I am usually one to get up and around and be ready to go by the time the kids head out the door for school. I had a whole day to busily try and get laundry done and start the packing process for our upcoming trip out west. So of course on this day I was STILL in my pajamas! ( yes I think I learned my lesson). Joe called and said that they were closing the University and sending the residents home. I hopped on the computer and didn't see anything about schools and looked outside and it looked fine. I didn't think much of it. about a half an hour later I went to turn on some cartoons for the kids and the news station said they were dismissing school at 10:00!It was 9:58!! I panicked and called my faithful carpooling buddy Cathy, and literally RAN out the door. No wallet, No cellphone, Pajama's pants on, with tennis shoes! Needless to say I was a MESS! On the way to the school I had the radio on which was useless. The announcer came on and said that they were dismissing school early and to LOG ON to their site for further details! ( A little difficult to do when you are in the CAR don't you think) By the time I got to the school there was no one in carpool line and I thought that I was really late. So I had to go IN. ( I was mortified) Come to find out as I left my house they had changed the dismissal time to 11:00 and I was early! (Thanks to the radio I missed that little announcement since I couldn't LOG on in my CAR!) Anyway all in all I got the kids and we went home just in time for this ice storm to hit. These storms I think leave things looking beautiful! But I can definitely see the danger in them if you have to be out and about. It took Joe quite a while to get home and we were pretty glad to see him when he walked in the door. Anyway we have only had 2 of these since we have lived in Kentucky.

2 comments:

  1. nice pics of the ice. i think i will have to 'borrow' those for a future post. Only 2 ice storms since you lived here? Wow. I didn't realize they were as serious as they were. You literally can't even go outside because you fall on the ground (or maybe that was just me...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great close up shots of the ice. I don't know how I am going to stay on top of all the school drama when you leave. I am going to have to have the news on everyday because you just never know!

    ReplyDelete