Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Birthday

I woke up this morning to footsteps coming down the stairs. Usually the kids always come to my side of the bed since Daddy is such a deep sleeper. This morning I heard Kaitlyn trying to wake up Daddy. She was very excited since today was donuts for Dad at school and my birthday. I didn't hear all of what she said but got the just of it. She was working on a special something for my birthday. She ran upstairs and got Jenna. They were so cute they went to the kitchen and began making breakfast for me. (Okay as a Mom this is actually pretty frightening with no supervision.) Joe was in the shower and I could hear the girls in the kitchen. I didn't dare get up for fear of breaking their hearts. I was somewhat relieved when Kaitlyn came in and asked me where my favorite cereal was. ( cereal can't be too messy)Then what milk should I use? Mom do you put sugar on it? Then the final product ......




I just love these little munchkins! How creative and with NO help. They also made me some very cute cards.


They also prompted Madelyn to say happy birthday by breaking it into syllables for her. She is such a little parrot these days.

Joe makes a mean chocolate cake with homemade chocolate buttercream frosting! Yummy!


I better go get started on that treadmill NOW!

13 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How cute! Your girls are little dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm.... chocolate cake.... was it as good as it sounds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! What darling kids you have. The cake looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Joe is a man of many talents. A dentist, a woodworker, a mullet-man, a mexican, and now a chef! I'm impressed! Happy Birthday! BTW - what's this I hear about you working on that treadmill 3x a day! You are nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope one day my girls will be so thoughtful. Boys. . . they just don't get it. If they remember to say Happy Birthday I feel pretty good. I told my husband his daughters will be the ones that take care of him when he is old and gray. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.... I have missed a lot. That snow day is funny. Ya gotta have at least one snow day in the year though!! And then your weather station..... Oh my!! I didn't know that the weather map could have soooo many bright colors and bold words.... all coming at you at once. We're glad you all made it through safe!!! And HAPPYYYYY BIRTHDAY!!!!! It sounds like you had a fun day with your family. We were thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are so creative. I know Kaitlyn was very excited about your birthday. We'll see what my kiddos do for mine next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the cutest thing ever! I was telling Ron about it last night - lunchbox and all. :o) How sweet!

    Man, I DO NOT miss those tornado days, hiding out in the bathroom...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are your girls. How lucky you are to have such a good breakfast in bed. WoW. That's so great. happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Jess! How cute are your girls! I can't imagine having to sit there and know you can't break their hearts but at the same time....that could be a huge mess! I hope you had a great day and enjoyed the chocolate cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! What good girls! And happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy very belated birthday! It looks like your girls really took care of you. And Joe's cake...hello? Awesome.

    BTW-one day you are going to miss those tornado warnings, I mean it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday....REALLY Late! Hope that you guys are doing well! For living in the same city, we sure don't see much of each other. Hopefully, we'll bump into each other at church soon. Your girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete