Thursday, February 7, 2008

Taking Cover

Tuesday we had some pretty severe weather. I am one to take tornado's seriously after one hit my Grandparents house in Colorado when I was a little girl. It seems like during the day they aren't quite as frightening as they are in the middle of the night. Here is a picture of one of the weather stations and what we were watching as the storm came at us.

Our "tornado shelter" is under our stairway which the girls think is quite a fun LITTLE hideout. This is also where we keep our food storage so when a tornado is predicted we have to move out ALL the food storage. I am pretty sure if someone came to check on us, they would think the storm had hit our living room after throwing everything out of the closet! Here is a picture of how we spent a few hours Tuesday night I think it was about 12:30am!

The girls seem to be having a great time it is just Mom that looks worn out!



6 comments:

  1. Can't say I miss the tornado's... they were exciting at first when we moved to Kentucky, but I don't miss them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you took photos of the t.v. I might have to steal that picture for a future scrapbook layout. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there room for Joe in there or is he left out to fight the tornado?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok is it weird that I do miss that??!!? I loved watching the storms and then the fear of what if.....and then watching the storm exit knowing that once again all was well! Good luck! I can't believe that bad weather is already happening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had alot of catching up to do! I love this blog. The pictures and story together make me feel like I've had a mini-visit to Kentucky.

    That chocolate cake sure looks good right about now. Jessica, I'm glad you're family was sweet to you on your birthday! You deserve it. The girls' breakfast surprise sounds just like them - - creative and sweet. Who'd think to put a bowl of cereal in a lunch box? Next best thing to wrapping it up, huh?

    Your "snowstorm" looks alot like frost on the windshield around here. We've had snow this year (real snow), but the hard part has been the cold temperatures and wind. I just have not been able to get warm no matter where I go! I'm envious of your moderate climate!

    I have to say your living in tornado country has always been unsettling for me, especially since you don't have a basement. One more GREAT reason for moving out west again!

    Yes, dear President Hinckley. He will always be especially precious to our family. He was one of a kind, and a wonderful example of Christlike love in our lives.

    Valentines day is over now - - - day after we went to Walmart(love-hate is right!) to get V-tines candy on sale. They were already filling the shelf with Easter candy! Fine. But where is the grass? Where are the rabbits? The birds? Ohhhhh. . . that's right. They're all in Kentucky~!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always had a love/hate relationship with the KY severe weather. I love a good, big thunderstorm, but once tornados became a real threat I got a little nervous. I think we only ever went to our basement once while we were there.

    ReplyDelete