Sunday, February 3, 2008

A SnOw DaY!

Okay so I am back posting a little. I miss placed my pictures but alas they are found!

I think this is so funny. A few weeks ago we had a delayed school Snow day!That means the kids go to school 2 hours later than usual.
This is the picture of our SNOW day!! ( notice the lack of snow you can still see the grass!) I always tease the kids and tell them that they had to delay school just so they have a chance to actually say they got to play in the snow this year!!

Back when I was a kid and had to walk to school barefoot uphill both ways...The only way we got out of school is if the temperature was -20 or below. I remember being very disappointed that at 6:00am when they took the readings it would ONLY be -19 and off to school we would go! I can only remember 2 actual snow days. One was an unexpected blizzard in MAY, and the other was a time that we had gotten so much snow over night, that our cow was standing in our backyard! The snow was as high as the fence! We had to go tromp down the fence line so we could keep the cow in the pasture! So you can imagine my surprise when school is delayed for THIS!

The worst part is that they delayed school and when Kailtyn had gotten there they had some pipes break.The whole downstairs was flooded (Where Kailtyns class is) but instead of canceling school they had them double up classes upstairs! The teachers weren't even able to go down and get supplies! So pretty much they watched movies!! They had 5th grade and 1st grade classes together and everything in between. Now that seems like a logical reason to cancel school to me!!

3 comments:

  1. Bryson's preschool gets canceled if the school district here is canceled... which NEVER happens, but we really got hit this last week with a TON of snow (12+ inches where it HADN'T drifted...) and school was canceled only on the 2 days that he has school.... I must admit, I was a little disappointed because Dallin was sick and I could've used the break!! Gone are the days of canceling school the night before because of a forecast of snow... good old Kentucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -19?? is that sarcasm or honesty? if i ever lived in -19 weather, I would not only NOT go to school, but NEVER leave my house again. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Idaho. I was always bitter waking up in the morning and seeing that every stinking school district in southeast Idaho was cancelled EXCEPT Pocatello because we were protected by stinking mountains! I'm really starting to appreciate the WARM and perfect weather of California. But not enough to stay.

    ReplyDelete