Monday, October 15, 2007

THE RACE

(One of the many shirts we saw at the Race!)

Saturday was the race for the Cure. My friends Cathy and Missy ran it with me. Cathy posted a picture of all the stuff we got for participating on her blog. We went early and it was like trick or treating for adults!! We just walked around and collected all the things the sponsors of the race were giving away. Then of course we had to run. I must say it is a pretty awesome sight to see as far as you can see, people running or walking, united for a purpose. What a way to wake up in the morning! I wish I would have had my camera. I think they were expecting 11,000 participants this year! I always have a sense of accomplishment when I finish, even though I would have liked to do better. I am proud of my comrades too. This was Missy's first race, and I think she had a good time. And in this race we were given 2 different T-shirts which made Cathy's day! (Unfortunatlely our shirts weren't quite as great as the one above!)Way to go Lady's!!

6 comments:

  1. I think that is so awesome that you got to run in a race like that! I've always thought it would be neat to do a race with lots of people. That's one you don't want to trip and fall in for fear of getting run over though!The shirt is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that shirt rocks!! If only I could be so bold to wear it!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about running in a race like that every once in a while, and then I remember how much I DON'T like to run :) Way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shirt! Ty would love it if I wore something like that ;) Glad you guys did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you found a picture of the shirt. I love it! I still don't think I would have the guts to wear it! Thanks for keeping me motivated to run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Jess! I wish I could have run it with you. The race here in Reno was on Sunday (bummer).

    BTW, sorry about the scary experience. I had a similar experience last February and I remember leaving the center thinking, "I could have been leaving this place in devestation like so many other women have." My cear friend Jana E.(on my sidebar)is a breast cancer survivor. She is absolutely amazing. Way to run for a cause! And I am glad everything is ok.

    ReplyDelete