Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Kids Say the Funniest Things

I have tried to keep track of the cute things my kids have said. Kaitlyn has kind of out grown this phase and I have some of her things wriiten inher scrapbook.Jenna just keeps them coming!
This picture of Madelyn inspired me to finally get Jenna's written down in one place. Madelyn has started the hitting phase. Joe put her in the corner over the weekend. Today she hit Jenna and immediately put herself in timeout, in the corner!!

Kaitlyn: I think I would like to run a race, just with not very many fast people!

We were talking about how carrots help you see in the dark, and Kaitlyn asked what does corn do?
Jenna: Corn helps you hear! ( An ear of Corn)

Mom: When we get home you have to take a bath.
Jenna: WHY?
Mom: Well look at your toes – they’re all yucky.
Jenna: Oh, they’re just naturally yucky.

We went to a balloon glow and they had to cancel and pull the balloons down because the wind was too much. The girls were upset and on the way home were complaining.
Mom: They had to pull the balloons down because the wind was too strong. If they didn’t someone could get hurt.
Kaitlyn: Yeah, and maybe even die.
Jenna: Well, if they did I would make them a headstone and give it to them.

We had the missionaries over for dinner and Jenna was telling the missionary how old she would be next year in her most Kentucky drawl.

Jenna: Next year I’m going to be five (pronounced fahv)
Missionary: You’re going to be fahv?
Jenna: I know! I have a Kentucky accident!

Jenna: Hey, I know! If I ate a hairball I’d have a hairt attack (heart attack pronounced like hair)! Ha, ha, ha, ha!

Mom and Jenna got on the elevator at the library to go to story hour
Jenna: Ugh, I don’t like these things.
Mom: Why not?
Jenna: They make me elevator sick.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jessica! Where do I begin? Madelyn putting herself in the corner was so darn cute! I think Jenna is a comedian. I am around her all the time and hadn't caught onto that, so I am so glad I got to read about it on your blog! I love that she said she would make a headstone for the dead balloon guy. Ha, ha. And, eating a hairball?? She is a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so funny! I'm glad you posted them for us to read, it made me laugh!! They are quite the thinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, you made my day!! I think I'll be smiling about these for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! They are so cute! You are going to be so glad that you wrote that stuff down, because someday you will want to remember that. I wished I would have done stuff like that with Bella. I guess I still have time with Noah, since he still won't talk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, every one of those was worth the read! I love it! My fav, for sure, is the "Kentucky Accident!" Hahaha! I need to be better about jotting down (or blogging) those things b/c you never know what will come out of those cute little mouths! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna has quite the personality! How hilarious is that? I would have laughed my head of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was so funny!!! Josh and I have said we would laugh a whole lot less without our kids. Nothing can improve a day like a funny comment from a crazy kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! I love when kids punish themselves...Emma still says 'mom don't come in here' Does she really think I am that dumb! And I can't believe all the funny things...esp the ky accent! And the headstone! Seriously everytime I read your blog it is late at night and I am busting up laughing!

    ReplyDelete