Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Masterpiece

Joe loves Halloween. In fact I sometimes think he likes it more than Christmas. I remember our first Halloween after we were married. I came home from work and Joe had taken a trip to the local DI and purchased several bags and pieces of random things, which I believe included a vacuum. This is what he came up with.

I should have figured out then that Halloween was a big deal! These were our costumes last year.





I have been telling my kids all season that part of Halloween is your imagination. You don't have to look exactly like the character you are dressing up as. Joe however pays attention to all the fine details. This Halloween started out with Joe making this fake nose. We had a lot of fun with this. However after a trip to Kmart his costume took on a different direction that was so good the nose was no longer needed!



Joe tried this wig on at K-mart where we purchased it. He came out of the dressing room and said "HEY" I looked and I literally did a double take, I didn't think it was Joe. From the teeth, to the tattoos, to the fake belt buckle made from a silver dollar and Gerber baby food lid. Here is the Masterpiece! It did win him 1st prize at the Border's Halloween bash!!

12 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, I would never recognize Joe if I saw him on the street! (Especially in KY...no offense to my Kentucky-ian friends...) Woah, is all I can say! Ron wants to borrow that mullet wig...

    (I love that first costume, too...creepy...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just clicked back on the picture...

    Woah again...

    Joe, you're freakin' me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still gawking...

    Hey, Jess, you are looking pretty "trailer" yourself! :o) LOVE the leggings. They scream P.W.T.!! Nice touch! You guys rock! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am so downloading the picture of him and putting it on my blog under the title "our neighbors". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If being a dentist doesn't work out for Joe, I think he has a shot in costume design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so funny! He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. JACK AND I STAYED UP LAUGHING AT YOU GUYS LAST NIGHT. THESE PICTURES ARE JUST AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is hilarious - love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny! Joe emailed the pic to Jon so I had already seen it...but it is still so funny! Joe is almost not recognizable! Why is everyone dressing up so fun this year...we should have been doing that the past four years...although I must admit I have always seen Joe dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Jess, you guys look totally awesome! Joe does not even look like himself, he truly looks trailer! Your girls are growing up so fast! P.S. take notice of my blog address change, I will explain why on my new blog!

    www.chrisandgina2003.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE IT!! That's what Halloween is supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am laughing so hard. You guys look so great! And I totally remember the Mexi couple last year. It makes me miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete