Friday, April 11, 2008

Playing Catch-Up


So I finally found the camera, and the pictures from our move. Here is our truck. I almost passed out when it pulled up! I wasn't expecting it o be quite that big! However we only purchased a small portion of it. The driver was in such a hurry Joe loaded most of the truck by himself. We had lots of friends lined up to help but he showed up at 1:00 and wasn't about to wait. He was well on his way by 4:00.


At 5:00 our friends began coming to help. I am kind of glad that we were as far along as we were, it gave us a few minutes for our last good byes to those that stopped by.
We LOVE the Hans family!! They started out as neighbors and became forever friends!




One last picture of "Old Kentucky Home". We moved into this house without ever seeing it. Deanna found it for us. It was so perfect for our family. We are missing the yard terribly right now.

Here is our last pathetic picture in Kentucky. We both found each other wondering in our empty house with tears rolling down our cheeks, as we were getting ready to lock it for the last time. It was such a long, stressful, emotional day. We were both exhausted, physically and emotionally.

7 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see where you are now and hear how things are going thus far! Moving is so emotional, but I hope you're adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a sweet picture. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad I got to visit you in your "Old Kentucky Home." It was a perfect little place for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me so sad to see your old house. I have avoided that street since you moved so that I don't start bawling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We didn't want you to leave that house - so many memories! Seems strange to not stop by on the way to pick up Preston or for a cookout...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that photo of you guys makes me so sad... we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the love. We miss you guys so much. The picture with Preston turning his back to the camera makes me laugh. It looks like he's taking a whiz on your lamp!

    ReplyDelete