Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blessings in disguise

There have been so many things lately that I feel so blessed. One of the biggest things I have to be thankful for happened just last week. Joe and I put an offer in on a house! The next morning Joe and I woke up with the worst feeling about it. We started doing more research, to find that directly across the street a registered S. Offender resides. There was a park right behind that house that my children would have walked nearly in there backyard to get too. We were able to cancel our offer immediately. We felt so blessed to be able to have found out this information before it was to late. We have both decided to be in less of a hurry to find a home and to research it to it's fullest extent before our next offer goes in!

Then on our trip over memorial day, Madelyn had been complaining of her nose hurting. I figured with the dry air, and change of altitude it was probably nothing and left it at that. WELL after probably 2 weeks of this off and on occasional "a nose hurt". Kaitlyn was getting her dressed for church when she came and said "Madelyn has a pink thing in her nose". WHAT? Joe and I went to investigate and sure enough there was a pink thing in her nose......

Fortunately we were able to pull it out with tweezers. Poor kid. I am starting to wonder about my mothering skills. This little one is all of a sudden giving me a run for my money.

A day in the life of Madelyn:

1. Poor a whole box of rice krispies on the floor because they taste better off the floor.

2. Stick a paper clip up your nose!

3. Help set the table and grab an entire pitcher full of grape cool aid off the counter onto my head and all over the floor.

4. While bathing and taking care of the grape cool aid she grabbed the towel out of my hand I thought to dry her face, Nope just to put it in the bath tub to "wash" with.

5. Other misc. "FUN" things to do when mommy has her back turned. Take out all the wipes one by one and scatter everywhere. Climb on everything! We love to rip paper right now too. (that is fun especially when they are Mommy's bills! Oh yes and bathroom fun we love water, and somehow can manage to climb onto the sink and help our self whenever we want. She also helps her self to the fridge often. Can 3 go gurts be considered dinner....

I love this little munchkin and I am so grateful that the paper clip ordeal didn't end up being worse. I feel blessed it was only coolaid and not hot soup. And well, her climbing and water skills should come in handy at a later time in life right??

11 comments:

  1. I have one of those two errr, too! They sure keep you hoppin' Though I should count myself lucky- neither boys have put anything up their noses yet... I guess that'll be Eli's role...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The housing thing is a bummer, but you guys will find something perfect when the time is right.

    I still can't believe the paper clip thing!! It just amazes me that it was up there as long as it was.

    Madelyn is so cute!! She definately wants to keep you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to cancel the offer on that house! In time something will work out. Your girls are beautiful and it looks like they are keeping you busy. Glad all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should compare notes on these two busy girls. Hadley put raisins up her nose as I was driving. Fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a good attitude! Your girls are too cute!
    I'm glad that you were able to back out on that house...that is scary! Good luck on the housing search!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow with the house thing. Scarry! Aren't kids just the greatest?! I am amazed on a daily basis at the trouble they can cause/get into. Xander has already begun his rampage and he still has three weeks before he turns 1.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looooove visiting your blog. It was so great to have you here. We were missing you before you drove out of sight. The pics are great. The one the paparazi is hilarious. So glad you were warned about the house. You'll get one that you feel good about.

    Please, please, don't tell me we missed Madelyn's birthday. When the house got hit with a tornado spelled D - A --- I lost so many things. All in a pile somewhere. But where? One of the things I lost is my birthday list that I kept on my fridge. Gotta have it. I just do not know when I will have time to get the info all together again.

    Love you all, each and every one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the "up-the-nose" events. Preston did a purple bead, remember that? Not sure what Kate will do. Note I said what she WILL do. Every time I think she is okay with small things, she puts one in her mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man... I love reading your blog. It makes me feel like I'm talking to you on the phone, because I can just hear you through your writing. Poor Maddy - and poor you... I can imagine how I would have handled the Kool-Aid thing. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad Madelyn is okay! Hang in there...she will grow out of this someday...I think :) Good luck on the house hunting. It is so hard to find the perfect house, but thank goodness for the Holy Ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny! Makes me look forward to the day Delia does things like that ;) LOL! Between you and Jamie Shepherd, you have beautiful girls and she has beautiful boys! I am already wanting another one, but it may still be a while. I am just now losing all my weight...it only took me, what, almost a year? Yep it's gonna be a little while, but I am still dreaming about baby #2 We love Delia so much, that I think we could experience a 2nd.

    ReplyDelete