Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mother's Day

I am a little behind in blogging land and am trying to get caught back up.

I can't go without putting a little note for Mother's day though. My girls and hubby are too cute! Kaitlyn and Jenna were so excited about Mother's day. It is fun to see them so excited. I think the little plants and trinkets from school started a week before Mother's day. Kaitlyn made a "list" of things she wanted to do. I indulged some but quickly took "Chucke Cheese" for Mother's day off her list! She did request some frosting and cookies with strawberry's so she could whip up her "special recipe". A little scary coming from a 7 year old! This is her masterpiece. She calls it her Volcano recipe...

Chocolate chip cookies, with lots and lots of frosting in between, stacked together, with a strawberry on top!

Joe made me a fabulous dinner the night before flat bread fajitas. They were really good. Then Jenna's idea was to make breakfast in bed with tulips. (I think she thinks tulips are roses.) That was also yummy cold cereal with muffins, and roses! She was so sweet the roses lasted about a week, and she was so sad when they started to wilt. She took it very personal. Madelyn joined in by being the entertainment. She was so wound up and being so silly all morning. I just love my little family, they are so darn cute!!

2 comments:

  1. You didn't want to go to Chucke Cheese for Mother's Day? Now that would have been fun!!:) I am glad that you had such a wonderful Day, and that your family made it so special for you. I love the cookie idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are the sweetest! That Jenna is going to be a heartbreaker! How fun to share mothers day with little ones, they always try to make it special.

    ReplyDelete