Sunday, November 25, 2007

Bernheim Forest


I was so sad when we got to Bernheim Forest and realized we were about a week too late for all the beautiful vibrant fall colors.
This road looked somewhat promising but it was closed due to hunting season. I really wanted to take some fun outdoor pictures this year. Trying to get 3 dramatic girls to hold still and act somewhat natural for 5 minutes is quite the task. This is as good as it got!! Looks like we will be headed for the studio once again for some family pictures.


Jenna 4, Madelyn 18 months, Kaitlyn 6

They were all so excited to go and see the deer that
we only got a few pictures. Even Madelyn was into the whole posing thing!! They are so funny. I don't think I have a picture of Kaitlyn without her head tilted to one side or another. And Jenna tries to sit pretty but her posed princess smile is not quite the one I want to hang on my wall. ( This is actually a pretty good one of Jenna.) We had a good time anyway and spent plenty of time petting the one eyed deer. We also spent a good amount of time answering random questions about petting a wild animal, and speculating why the deer only had one eye!!

7 comments:

  1. Darn! When I posted those pictures on my blog, it was so beautiful! And then it rained. And I went back again the day before Thanksgiving and it was ugly. All the trees had lost their leaves. And it's too bad you couldn't go past that gate. That's where it is by far the most gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, what cute pictures of your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are so beautiful - I can't belive how big they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! I think one of the most challenging things is trying to get three girls to all sit still, smile, and pose for a picture at the same time. We tried last night in front of our Christmas tree and the results were pretty typical: Alexis smiling, Camryn being cheesy, and Marina looking everywhere but the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures of your kids! My kids loved to see the cousins on the computer! Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures of the girls! I love Bernheim. So pretty. That is definitely something I'll miss about KY. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you since it has been over a week since you blogged. See my blog for details. Don't you just love it!

    ReplyDelete