Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Nine Eleven


On my way home from taking Jenna to school this morning. I saw the fireman as they were just raising this flag. It brought tears to my eyes. First because it was one of the biggest flags I think I have ever seen, and at that moment, it made me proud to see it. And second, because life goes by so quickly, and we forget things so easily. I had remembered on Sunday that this week marked the 6th anniversary of the events on September 11th. But I got up this morning rushing around, and I didn't realize what day it was, until I drove by, and saw the flag. I truly am proud to be an American! My heart goes out to all those that have suffered from the tragic events of this day.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely put! I turned on the tv as well earlier and had forgotten that it was the anniversary already! I always get tears in my eyes for anything patriotic! America is pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool flag! Believe me, I will never forget. It will always remind me how truly blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool picture! I am glad to see you have a blog, now I can keep up with you a little more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never forget where I was when I heard the news of the first plane crash six years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are a WONDER WOMAN! :o) (See my blog..)

    ReplyDelete