Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sleepless in Kentucky



Kaitlyn drew this parrot at school, I thought she did such a great job!

I loved the idea of scanning it into our computer!(thanks Cathy) I am completely over run with paper clutter each day when the girls get home from school. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cut down on school papers? Kaitlyn wants to keep everything, and it just isn't possible! I have tried to have her just pick one or two of her favorites, but it seems to be a gut wrenching decision for her.( Oh the Drama!)


So we have always felt pretty blessed for this little house we have been renting. (I still owe Deanna at the very least a Steak Dinner, for helping us find it.) Just recently I have been feeling that itch, where I am ready for a change. I don't feel like I have room for anything anymore. (Partly due to my daughters paper obsession!) I am sure it comes from all our friends getting settled into there new houses. I am slightly jealous! (No really after the critter incident, I think I might be ready to move on!) The top on our list is a house with a bathroom fan! That isn't to much to ask, after 7 years of marriage is it?? Okay, so I am sure you all have things about your houses/neighborhoods that just drive you crazy. Our big one is that the trash man comes at wee hours in the morning for the businesses just down the street. I understand they have to start somewhere, but do they really have to bang the dumpster several times repeatedly at 4 in the morning? We have never really had to much problem here, other than the drunk guy who ran his bike into our tree in the middle of the night. Last night at 3:00 in the morning someone decided it was the fourth of July!! Fireworks were going off! It seriously lasted for about 5 minutes! They are just lucky that my kids had already ALL been up for various reasons, and were now sleeping soundly! I was so mad! So I went back to bed and fumed about it for a while and worried mindlessly about this, that, and the other. I just settled in and started dosing off again when Madelyn woke up! ( Fortunately my sweet husband got up this time, and that doesn't happen very often.)I just want a whole nights sleep! You know one without critters gnawing on things in the middle of the night, with out trash cans banging and fireworks going off. Oh yes and then one where ALL of the children sleep soundly through the night! Oh and a house with a bathroom FAN!!

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad I finally got to see Kaitlyn's parrot. It is amazing! She is such a talented girl. I think all the details of your nightlife are so funny, but sad. I know how it is to not get much sleep and it doesn't make for a very happy mommy! Let me know if there is anything I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the paper clutter thing. When the kids come home from school and empty their backpacks, it can be a little overwhelming with 100 pieces of paper. With Ashley, I started keeping her "special papers", drawings, ect... I also kept some of the papers that showed her handwriting/spelling. Whenever she had something to keep I would just put it in a folder in the closet. Then at the end of the year, I took the papers into Kinkos and had them bind it with that plastic binding and a cover that says somthing like Ashley- 1st grade- Mrs.Jones- Gate City Elementary. It only costs a couple bucks. I just keep her "books" on the bookshelf and she likes to go back and look through them. Good luck figuring something out. P.S. Kaitlyn is a good artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest about the same thing...you can put them in a box and then clean out at the end of the year when she isn't quite so attached to them! I feel your pain on wanting to move. We are with my in laws...which really isn't bad but it would be nice to have our own place...which is a little nicer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Julie what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys have quite the night life - maybe the spiders will show up again just in time for Halloween. That would make for a good story. :) So I was telling Cathy about the Chicken Festival tonight... We thought of Joe when we talked about the 'Chicken-strutting, crowing, clucking' contest... you could win $200! Want to go?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    What in the world is the CHICKEN FESTIVAL!! Where do you guys find these things. Joe does a really great drunk pigeon!!(whatever that is!)

    ReplyDelete