Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Few Random Thoughts

Okay, so last night I ran the grueling 5k "Fun run" uphill both ways and barefoot! Okay maybe not barefoot but the hills were a killer!! And the humidity was awful. When I left last night my girls were of course rooting for me, and hoping that I would "WIN" the race! This morning when Jenna woke up she asked me if I won, and I said no. She said, "Well, I guess you have to keep running until you win!" Jenna always tells it how it is. I just felt lucky that I crossed the finish line, and could still stand up!! Anyway for now I will keep on running, thanks to Jenna!

Jenna had her first day of school last week and loved it. I was so sad though, she refused to let me walk her in! I tried everything from just let me hold the door to can I at least walk you to the sidewalk. Her reply " GET IN THE CAR MOM!" I was crushed. She is so grown up and 110% girl, she wears nothing but skirts and dresses to school, and we are apparently in a ponytail phase!


Madelyn ended up with her second round of stitches this week. She fell and hit nearly the same spot on a little wooden rocking chair. Off we rushed back to the Doctor to sew her up again. While waiting in the office with the band aid on her head she was still trying to climb on top of the table! Then today while we were at church Joe comes rushing by with Madelyn, and her hand was bleeding. She cut 3 fingers on the drinking fountain, trying to climb it! She is so busy, and apparently so accident prone right now. I want to strap her in her car seat, and not let her out! Other than her extreme clumsiness right now, she takes after Jenna in the girlie department. I put her Sunday dress on this morning and she was so excited about what she was wearing, it was so cute! She kept looking at her skirt and doing a little dance!


Kaitlyn is doing well in school and really loves being helpful to her teacher. She has grown up so much in the last year. They started a new incentive in primary to "get caught" being good. She thought about it all week and asked me daily what she could do to help me. I thought it was so cute to see her so excited about it. I secretly hope I can stretch it out at least one more week!


**Sorry this post is a little random, but just keep in mind, this is somewhat of my family journal too.

5 comments:

  1. I hate when Emma falls. I think i say 'be careful' a hundred times a day! Poor Madelyn! You should keep her strapped down! I love that she is girly too! And I am the queen of random thought entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! where is Jenna in school now? Anzley misses her! Anz doesn't start school until Sept. 5th! too far away :). I need a schedule! Poor Madelyn! I am afraid Joshie is entering that stage! He is just starting to try and walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't "win the race!" Someday, Jenna will understand how much guts it takes mommies just to enter!! :o) (PS- Good job!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah... keep running until you win!!! haha. did you see the time that the 1st place guy had?! i think that was my time for the first mile, and he did the whole race in that time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that Madelyn got more stitches! Did the old one's just reopen? It makes me glad that Savannah is content to just sit in her swing or bouncy chair!

    ReplyDelete