Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ive been tagged...

Okay so I have been tagged by Deanna. Here are the 9 burning questions about my Marriage....

1. Where did you meet your husband?
Joe and I first met in Pocatello Idaho while attending ISU. We were in the same ward, and the same Family Home Evening group. We first met playing a ridiculous rendition of "getting to know you", during our FHE activity. At the time we were both kind of doing our own thing and not really in the looking phase. (However Joe can tell you clear down to my sandals what I was wearing that night, so I apparently made somewhat of an impression.)

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Back to the ridiculous rendition of getting to know you. We were at an activity where everyone had to name a hobby or an interest they had. Then we went around the room and tried to list everyone by what their hobby/interest was. Mine was ice skating, and his was singing. Of course I messed up and said his hobby was dancing and was completely mortified!

3.Where was your first date?
Well this is where things get tricky... I thought our first date was a double date to the drive-in to see Knotting Hill. I thought my roommate and I were going with Joe and his roommate. Somehow there ended up being 3 girls and 2 guys hmmmm. And I was NOT Joe's date, and I was not interested at all in his roommate. So I guess our official date was an over nighter (completely chaperoned, by Joe's sister) to a Mickey Mouse parade on the streets of Pocatello. Thousands of people stayed on the streets over night to secure their spots for the parade. Apparently it was supposed to be a huge thing from Disney, It turned out to be a total flop. But the company was good!

4. Where was your first kiss?
Our first kiss was on the porch swing in the backyard of my apartment. It only took Joe 3 1/2 hours to finally make his move. All the while (we had no idea!) the guy next door was professing his love to me on paper. As Joe and I were kissing right outside his window!

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Well our courtship apparently began on July 31, 1999, (according to Joe)
We dated I guess for about 3 1/2 months. We were engaged on November 11, 1999. And we got married in March 3, 2000.

6. Where did you get engaged?
Joe proposed to me in Idaho Falls,Idaho on the river walk, across from the Temple. We had just gone ring shopping and found the one. I thought he was planning on going back to get it that weekend. But he got it that day.
So once we were at the river walk he got down on one knee. And I kept saying what are you doing, He finally had to say "Just be quiet for a minute", and then he popped the question. I of course said yes and no lie, immediately across the river their were FIREWORKS! Real ones just randomly going off in November! It was Perfect.

7. Where were you married?
We were married in the Logan Utah Temple. It was a beautiful day.
8. How did the reception go?
I couldn't have asked for anything more. I thought it was perfect.

9. How was the honeymoon?
Before getting married I took Joe to a bridal fair in Pocatello where we won a stay at a little Bed and Breakfast half way between the 2 receptions. It worked out great and we thought it was a lot of fun. Then after the 2nd reception we left for Las Vegas. We neither one liked Vegas very much. It could have been the lack of money, and the fact that we were stuck on the strip without a car. 3 days on the strip was about 2 1/2 to many for us. Of course we would love to go somewhere again and call it our second honeymoon!

I am tagging Melissa Wooden and Jani Cotton!!( It was good to see you Jani!)

5 comments:

  1. Now those are some priceless pictures! LOVE them! :) I love that Joe told you to "stop talking for one minute". That just cracks me up. :) Thanks for tagging me... I suck at these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is great. I thought I knew the whole story, but there were details I hadn't heard before(or forgot) like the fireworks across the river. The pictures left me with a serious case of nostalgia. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I LOVE the pictures! Espeically the wedding pics. You look so beautiful! Now THAT'S the Jessica I remembered when you first moved to KY and I thought you were still in high school! So young, so innocent - before the trials of dental scchool shocked us into reality! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! They are so sweet. You guys are such a cute couple. I wish we would have known you back then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picts. Joe looks so little, ofcourse no hair makes him look older, don't tell him I said that though!!;)

    ReplyDelete