Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our First BLOG!

I finally did it! I am hoping that this will be an easier way to stay in touch with everyone, and keep you posted on our family. My goal is to make this somewhat of a family journal as well. (Thanks Julie for the idea!) With that in mind I think I will start with our summer.
This summer has been filled with lots of fun. We went back home in June, to visit our families. We love Kentucky, but I think Idaho and Utah will always be "home" for us. The girls had so much fun playing with cousins and being spoiled by Grandparents. I think the grandparents had fun too!
The rest of the summer has been filled with camping, trips to the zoo, science center, swimming lessons, and good old back yard fun. My girls love playing in the sprinklers and wading pools in the backyard. Even Madelyn gets into it. She tries to drink the water that is shooting out of the sprinkler! It is pretty hilarious to watch. We have burned through several hundred Popsicles, and at least one bottle of sunscreen, and several hundred gallons of water. Part of me can't believe the summer is over in one week, and the other part is celebrating! I am one that thrives on schedules and our summer has had no schedule at all. I am anxious to get back into the routine of things, and I think my girls are too.
We are not calling the summer over yet, we still have at least one more camping trip to fit in. We are also hoping for a quick labor day road trip. If anyone has a favorite must see in Kentucky, or surrounding area let us know, we are still in the planning stages.

3 comments:

  1. YAY for you! Welcome to the dark side! Like you said, it is SO addicting, and so fun! I've been waiting and waiting fo you to start one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jess,
    cute picture! glad you started a blog so I can keep up on you. we still miss you guys so much! we are actually making a trip out there already...in october. but don't tell Jenna and Katelyn b/c Anzley is not coming. Anzley doesn't know yet either that she will be missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah! i love it! we loved having you guys over the other day, so we will have to make that a regular thing. keep posting and put up more pics! :)

    ReplyDelete