Thursday, August 9, 2007

Madelyn's Stitches


This is a project that I have been working on. We bought this desk at the goodwill, and decided to refinish it. When we started sanding, we discovered that the top had a beautiful wood grain.My original plan was to paint the whole thing black but once I saw the wood I couldn't cover it up. So this is how it turned out.
Two days after moving the desk into Madelyn's room, Madelyn fell and hit her head on one of the drawer pulls.(the pointed part on the bottom of the picture.) A complete freak accident. The fun part was trying to get Jenna and Kaitlyn calmed down so I could take care of Madelyn.(They completely loose it at the sight of blood.) Madelyn ended up with 4 stitches, above her right eyebrow. She is such a little trooper, always so happy. It didn't seem to bother her that much at all. However, I was completely heart broken that my baby had to get stitiches in her head.

8 comments:

  1. Wow - love the desk! Good job. That's what I need to do - finish some of my projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryson had a run in with the piano bench the other day.... he probably could've gotten stitches, but hey, he's gonna be a guy someday and it'll be cool, right?

    Miss you guys lots!!

    Jani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Poor Madelyn! Thankfully, she is the youngest of three, so she will be a bit tougher! :o) BTW - why are all your blogs posted SO dang early in the morning?! What time do you get up, girl?! School hasn't even started yet... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna, I can assure you I am not THAT addicted. I am not sure why it posts them that early. I am savoring every last moment of sleep before school starts. There is no beating the sun rise at this house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, Jess! :o) BTW - the desk looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor madelyn! she looks so big! I can't believe how quickly they get so old! Anzley is writing a pretend letter to Jenna right now...it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!!! I am so glad you joined the blogging world! Poor Madelyn!!! The desk looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Ashley had a similar accident when she was about that age! She split her head on our dresser on a handle exaclty like that one. I was pregnant with Emily at the time and just about passed out when they tried to give her the stitches. Lovely experience!

    ReplyDelete