Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Saturday

Saturday was quite the day. It started at 5:45am as I got up and got ready to go to the dry pack cannery in Indianapolis Indiana. (about 2 hours from here) I have been really trying to get our food storage back to what it was and more. We started trying to use most of it when we thought we would be moving. I have really been thinking a lot about this lately, and felt like our family was very unprepared. So I decided to go to the cannery and stock up on some of the essentials again. I still have a ways to go, but at least we have something stored away.
So I had also signed up to run the 5k Texas Roadhouse Stampede. (Joe and I ran this last year. (it supports visually impaired preschoolers) The race is at night(9:00pm) and the course goes over a bridge that crosses the Ohio River. Joe and I both ended up running again this year. It was a beautiful night. I have to brag just a little, I beat Joe!! (In his defense I have been training for about 6 weeks more than he has.) All in all we both improved our times from last year, and we had a good time.
I have also signed up to run this Saturday a 3 miler. However I am already certain it will be nothing to brag about. It is through Cherokee Park which I am not really sure how, but I promise it is up hill at least 89.9% of the race! I am actually pretty worried about this one. I have found that if I sign up to run a race then I am committed, and it motivates me to exercise. So I have signed up through October to hopefully keep me exercising. (That is if I survive the run through Cherokee Park!)

5 comments:

  1. I have to add my 2 cents worth abbout the food storage thing b/c it's been on my mind a lot lately, too. We used almost all of ours in school, and now I'm feeling that need to get it done again. Probably both due to the first presidency saying they weren't going to talk about it anymore - "we know what to do"; and the fact that just last week the price of powdered milk DOUBLED and some things are being discontinued. I just wonder how much longer the cannery will be able to get things, too. So good for you or getting it done! I'm signed up to go next week. About your races: GOOD JOB! I can really see the value of committing to it so you have to train. Great idea! I just may get up the nerve to try that! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys!! Cool site!! We just thought we'd let you know that we got a chance to see it, and you'll have to let us know how this works. It seems like a great way for keeping in touch with everyone, and its fun to see some pictures and here what's going on with day to day stuff.!! Bret & Tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed by your dedication to running. I heard you ran the 5K on Saturday in 27 minutes!! That is so great!! You are a great inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. O.K. I think I got this figured out now! It took me a little, but here I am. Sounds like you've been having fun running! Can't wait to get back in shape. Good luck with the uphill race! I agree with what you said about signing up for a race. It helps you stay committed. However, I never figured out why I was paying money to kill myself off! Doesn't seem right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I finally got two minutes in a row to catch up a little. The letter from the lady who was selling the Pokeman cards on e-bay was hilarious! If she can find enough more material, she should write a book.

    Food storage. We have alot of some stuff and not much of others. Trouble is, Dad says we don't have enough room. I say we have too much junk. We've been eating out of our pantry this summer because I haven't had two minutes in a row to shop. Same with going to the cannery. The YW/YM in our ward are having a service activity where they will go and do the actual canning for anything you order. There's an offer I can't resist. Look out, Dad, our house is about to get a little tighter.

    I am so proud of you for running! That is such a great accomplishment. I pat myself on the back on days I can trot across the Winco parking lot to the car. A year ago, it felt like a two-day trip.

    Well, on to the next "chapter."

    ReplyDelete